Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Well here goes nothing!

I have had so many ideas over the years for a business I could call my own, so the entrepreneurial spirit has been hanging around for a long time. Unfortunately I never really had the "hutzpah" to go ahead with any formal plans. Finding myself unemployed and spending most of my time freelance writing and applying for jobs over the past two weeks, I thought, what better time than right now to just go for it?

They say there's no time as good as the present, so here we go! That's right, I've decided to start my own business: CoriB Enterprises, LLC. Born March 17, 2014.

There was no question about what kind of business I wanted to get into, most of my family and friends call me the queen of social media, so its only natural that I want to help people in this area. I think there's a lot of small businesses and individuals out there who could really boost their career and their leadership rank within their industry, if they were enabled and educated to use the right social media tools in the right way specific to their business and expertise.

There is a huge electronic global conversation going on out there, and if you're not tuned in and participating, you are missing out on a ton of opportunity. Erik Qualman has a spectacular set of videos on Youtube that describe so eloquently what I mean to say. Here's one from 2013.

I know some people say "yeah, yeah social media, I just don't see what the big deal is". Well I'm here to explain that to you. It is my goal to be an evangelist, and to enable people to participate in, and take advantage of, social media. I aim to dispel the fears, and help businesses and individuals safely navigate social media for their benefit, in a way that makes them comfortable and confident.

I think the other half of it will bring out my strategic side, helping to set up social marketing strategy for small businesses, and of course helping to build and maintain that social presence. Small businesses have such a hard time with Social Media because they just don't have the time to handle it, so I'm sure I'll have a few clients that I just "do" their social media for them.

So that's it - in a nutshell. I look forward to helping you, or someone you know!

Follow me: @CoriB_ENT

No comments:

Post a Comment