Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Adding an Admin to your Facebook Business Page

I recently had a client with a need to add me to her Facebook Business Page so that I might optimize and automate her blog posting a bit more, and she was perplexed as to how to do it. I dedicate this blog to my beloved candle-entrepreneur!

Let's start at the beginning - log into Facebook (your personal account):

Next - get into your Page Administration, you'll see it on the lefthand side (mine is Corib Enterprises as shown below) - click on it:

You'll be taken to your Admin Page for your Facebook Business Page - look for a drop-down menu near the top right called "Edit Page". You'll want to select "Manage Admin Roles" :

What appears is your Admin console. You'll see yourself listed on the left hand side, and at the right the ability to add other people to help you.

It's a little small to see, but on the right side if you click on the open text box you can type in someone's name. Please note, this box auto-populates with people you're already friends with on Facebook - if you're inviting someone to create content or help administer your Business Page - you should be comfortable adding them as a friend on Facebook. You can add someone by e-mail address, but this can go awry - I, myself, have over 27 email addresses, 26 of which won't help me gain access to Facebook to help you.

Here is a little bigger version of the search function:

After you select the correct person you can assign their level of access:

My clients normally need to add me as Manager so I can help them automate blog and Twitter posts. Content Creators can develop and post content on your behalf without full management privileges. Moderators have the ability to help you manage conversations with followers, and the rest - frankly are for large corporations who outsource their Facebook Page management.

At this point - on the bottom left you can add additional admins, or save your changes. When you're done select "save".

If you made it this far - congratulations you have added a Facebook Business Page Manager to help you with Social Media Tasks!

It is worthy of note - some clients have asked me to log-in as them and "handle this" for them, but if they're physically several hundred miles away from Chicago, Facebook registers me as a hacker and we have to work together to restore access. If you're seeing this kind of a problem please contact me, I've worked through it several times and will be happy to help you!

Follow me on Twitter: @CoriB_ENT



No comments:

Post a Comment