Monday, April 7, 2014

Using Facebook as your Business Page (April 2014)

I recently worked with someone who was a little newer to Facebook, and she was trying to like other people's business pages as her business. She couldn't figure out how to switch from her personal account to her business account (and equally as important - how to switch back).

She inspired me to type up a quick little blog to explain how this is done. Below you'll see step by step instructions and screen-shots, but please note this is all subject to change. Facebook tends to update it's system all the time, so when it changes keep an eye out for a new blog - I will do my best to keep you up to speed.


So let's begin - login to Facebook under your personal account:

Next - select your business page from the left-hand menu:

Up at the top you'll see a drop-down menu labeled "Edit Page":

At the bottom of the drop down menu you have the option to select "Use Facebook as _____":

Select this option, and then click on the Facebook Icon in the upper left hand corner - and viola - you're using Facebook as your business page! 

You'll be able to spot the difference in your top menu bar next to "Home"- here's what mine looks like as my business account, and as my personal account:
     

To switch back - simply click on your logo in the upper left hand corner (under the Facebook logo), this will take you back to your Admin Page:

Go to that same drop-down Menu "Edit Page", and select the bottom option "Use Facebook as _____" where the ____ is your personal name, and just like that you're back to just plain you again:

I hope this helps someone out there - I welcome any questions about social media that you might have. Send me an email or give me a call, I'd love to help you!


Cori Blackburn
CoriB Enterprises
@CoriB_ENT
224-277-3855
coribenterprises@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment